Please complete the Rental Agreement form below and submit your payment.
A Proof of Insurance Certificate is Required for your Event
Why do I need this for my event? Learn More
Common Fence Point Improvement AssociationCommunity Hall933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, R.I.
Rules and Regulations for Lessee
Following Rules and Regulations are deemed to be part of the Lease/Rental Agreement with the lessee and apply to the lessee and all vendors hired by the lessee to perform services at the Common Fence Point Community Hall said Rules and Regulations may be modified only with approval of the Contract Manager, a Common Fence Point Improvement Association (CFPIA) Officer or Event Manager.
1. Lessee will be allowed access to the Common Fence Hall 1 hour prior to the start time of the event. All deliveries must be coordinated in advance with the Event Coordinator or Contract Manager no later one week prior to the event. One hour breakdown will be permitted.
2. The lessee is responsible for contracting directly with a catering company if desired.All caterers must have the following:
a. Caterers food service license issued in the State of RI, by the RI Department of Health
b. Class P liquor license issued by the RI Department of Business
c. Certificate of insurance to include general liability, liquor liability and workers compensation
3. CFPIA will abide by the policies set forth by the individual catering companies in reference to the service of alcohol in addition to the guidelines set forth by the CFPIA. Those guidelines are as follows; The service of the bar will cease 30 minutes prior to the end of the function and no later then 10:00 PM.. The maximum hours that alcohol may be served is 5 hours. The service of alcohol is restricted to the first floor only unless otherwise agreed apon. Cash bars are not allowed. Under no circumstance are alcoholic beverages to be consumed by any under aged persons. If alcohol is being served Lessee is required to take out a million dollar Tenant Users Liability Insurance Policy
4. The CFPIA kitchen is a warming kitchen. A convection oven is available for use. Nothing shall be left in the CFPIA refrigerator.
5. Decorations - There will be no rice, birdseed, silly string, or confetti throwing during any event. Wedding bubbles are allowed outside only. At no time can bubbles be used in the hall. If balloons are used, they must be secured at table level and all tethers shall be long enough to recapture the balloon should it float to the ceiling. The use or misuse of any of these items will result in a deduction of your damage deposit.
6. Candles are not permitted. Due to the fire code, sparklers, fire pits, fireworks and the release of Chinese lanterns are not permitted. Grills are NOT prohibited on the deck as well as within 10 feet of the building. The use or misuse of any of these items will result in a deduction of your damage deposit.
7. No firearms or weapons are allowed in the Common Fence Point Community Hall.
8. There shall be no smoking in the Common Fence Point Community Hall failure to dispose of cigarettes outside the Center appropriately will result in a deduction from your damage deposit. Please be considerate.
9. Nothing shall be hung or suspended upon the walls, ceilings, windows, doors, chandeliers, sconces, mirrors, or other fixtures by any means. No nails, tacks, or tape or 3M products shall be used. All decorations and flowers must be removed at the conclusion of the event.
10. Any municipal fines incurred during the Hall rental are the responsibility for the lessee.
11. The maximum number of people allowed is 150.
12. No fires are allowed on the grounds.
13. Hanging of lights or anything is not permitted.
14. All trash must be removed from the hall at the completion of the event.
15. Lessee shall set up and break down tables and chairs.
16. The condition of the Hall shall be restored to original clean condition.
17. Noise level shall not be in excesses and no music is permitted outside the hall. If music is being played in the Hall we ask that you keep all windows closed to reduce the noise for the neighbors. This is a residential neighborhood.
18. Art work hanging in the hall may not be removed. Nothing shall be hung from or cover the art work.
19. All events shall end promptly at the time established in the Lessee contract. Failure to comply with the established rental end time will result in a penalty of $50 per every half hour the event goes over.
20. All caterers, DJ’s or bands must also sign the Rules and Regulations Policy and the Alcohol Policy
21. No animals are allowed inside the hall.
Lessees and vendors who fail to comply with the listed Rules and Regulations may result in deductions from or forfeiture of their damage deposit.
Common Fence Point Community HallManaged by Common Fence Point Improvement Association933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, R.I. 02871
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
Lessee agrees to exercise prudent judgment in the service of alcoholic beverages and to otherwise refuse to serve visibly intoxicated person. Lessee agrees to provide transportation for those incapable of safely operating a motor vehicle because of intoxication. While the CFPIA undertakes no responsibility for the lessee’s conduct, the Event Coordinator may in their unfettered discretion, order the service of alcohol to cease. Failure to comply with such order shall be deemed a breach of this lease and may result in forfeiture of the security deposit and termination of the event.
Further, Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold the CFPIA Authority, its members and agents harmless of and from any and all claims, demands, liability or damages which may arise out of, or in connection with, the consumption of alcoholic beverages allowed or caused to be served by the Lessee of CFPIA, also operating as CFP Center for Arts, Wellness and Community its agents, employees, contractors, guests, invitees or representatives.