As of 11:00 AM information regarding Tropical Storm Henri is as follows:
PORTSMOUTH EMA AND RIEMA will be monitoring Tropical Storm Henry throughout the weekend. Henri, is forecasted to become a hurricane over the western Atlantic tomorrow, Friday 8/20/2021.
Current Information (as of Thursday, Aug 19)
- Maximum Sustained Winds…70 MPH.
- Present Movement…W or 260 Degrees at 9 MPH.
- Tropical force winds of on predicted track likely on Sunday and possibly early Monday.
- Swells are expected to increase across much of the east coast of the U.S. and Atlantic Canada later this week and this weekend. These swells could cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
- There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
- The center of the storm should remain well off shore, however, we should get a better idea of the track by the Friday afternoon update at 5pm.
- The Portsmouth EMA “Resilient Neighbor” Damage Assessment Field Exercise scheduled for Wednesday, August 25th at Common Fence Point remains on.